Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hubb and Al E. 08 go on a date

So Hubb and I went out on a date last night. He actually asked me out a couple of days ago. I still love that. We've been married for over 10 years but I get all starry eyed and girly when I get to go on a date. I had to chuckle, though, because we did the same thing we usally do. We grab the coupon book and discuss all the places we could go and then go to the place we always go, which of course, has no coupon.

We decided to do some Christmas shopping after dinner for the kids. They've had a particular present in mind for some time now (it's one of those hot ticket items) and the store we went to had only one left in stock. Since we had only gone to learn more and start price shopping, I stared in amazement as Hubb stated that he didn't want to risk not getting one and proceeded to grab it, several accessories and companion pieces and even bought the extended warranty. Several hundred dollars later we strolled out of the store. This may not seem remarkable to most but to me, that is monumental. Hubb is one of the biggest tight wads on the planet. We had a good year this year. I think it may have gone to his head. I'm going to go shopping before it wears off.

No comments: