Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's easier without them

I'm taking my brood to a pumkin patch today. It is a field trip for Diablo's preschool. Her teacher scheduled it in the afternoon. That only bugs me because Teaser and Gem get out of school early today (and all week). That means instead of a nice, easy trip to the pumpkin patch I'm going to spend the afternoon telling Teaser to leave Diablo alone, giver her back whatever it is he'll take (and he will). I'll have to talk Gem out of getting the biggest pumpkin she can find. It means 4 pairs of boots will have to have the mud washed off of them instead of 2. It means I'll end up trying to figure out how to carry three pumpkins and Pudge at the same time.

To top it all off, it is cold and foggy out. We've been having such great weather. It picked today to turn ugly. Rain always puts me in the mood for soup. I haven't figured out yet what fog puts me in the mood for. Maybe it is cookies. Yes, chocolate chip cookies. Oh, wait. Everything puts me in the mood for chocolate chip cookies. Maybe it is casserole. Spaghetti?

On a happier note, it's just cold enough out to warrant a hat. Not for me, I look hideous in a hat. Gem, Teaser, Diablo and Pudge look adorable in hats. I'll concentrate on looking forward to that. Hats.

No comments: