Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm not funny

Hubb just informed me that I am not funny.

I disagree!

{I'm funny!} He just lost his sense of humor 10 years ago. It's true. My mom says so.

But even if it were true. Do you have to say it? It's kinda along the same lines as telling someone they have morning breath. Of course I have morning breath in the morning. Everyone does. That's why I brush my teeth every morning. I'm doing my best here.

The only difference here is that while morning breath is universal and repulsive, humor is subjective. What's funny to me may not be funny to you but that doesn't mean I'm not funny. Maybe you didn't read what I wrote with the right tone of voice. Maybe you had a bad experience with goats as a child so no amount of goat humor could make you laugh. Maybe you'd get it if you weren't so tired. Maybe you just had to be there.

I was there. Trust me, {I'm funny}.

No comments: